UK Sales Director
We are looking for a UK Sales Director to drive Birdie’s go-to-market strategy, reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer. You’ll take responsibility for building your sales team, onboarding and coaching your team to success, motivating and inspiring your team to achieve their goals, and optimising our sales cycle. You’ll need to get your hands dirty with our sales to start with, but will grow to focus on more strategic issues, working closely with all the key functions across the business, from tech to marketing.
How you will contribute:
- Actively work with your team to pitch and close deals with key homecare agencies;
- Build a strong sales development and sales execution team, scaling from 2 members today to 15 by the end of 2019;
- Onboard, mentor, coach and empower all members of your sales team to achieve and exceed their new business revenue targets;
- Design, measure, iterate and improve our sales efforts to optimise sales cycle times, average order values, customer acquisition cost and conversion rates, and ensure the team confidently and effectively sells to the market;
- Motivate and inspire your team to exceed our ambitious business goal of £100k MRR by end of 2019;
- Provide clear forecasting and reporting of sales performance to the entire organisation;
We'd love to hear from you if:
- 4+ years of B2B SaaS sales experience (required);
- 2+ years of entrepreneurial experience e.g. startup founder, startup early stage employee, leading international expansion for an established business or launching a new product / division (required);
- Have led a sales team of 10+ people (required), ideally across both inside and field sales (desired);
- Social care or health experience (desired but not required);
- An excellent communicator, both written and verbal. You can simplify complex topics in a way that anyone can understand, and can motivate and engage any group;
- Someone who gets things done and is willing to step up, roll up your sleeves and take responsibility;
- Ready to seize the initiative and drive improvement in your own and your team’s work;
- Organised, and able to set and follow processes for yourself and your team;
- Someone who wants to learn, wants to improve, and wants to grow and are committed to self-development;
- Committed to going above and beyond for your team and for your customers, pulling in whatever resources you need to deliver the best experience for them;
- Comfortable with an ambiguous, changing, energetic, start-up working environment;
- Someone who is inspired by, and seeks to embody our values.
- Proven track record of managing highly successful B2B sales teams (required);
We have put together an exciting and highly attractive package for this role.
- An attractive base salary
- Competitive salary dependent on skills, experience and ambition
- Eligible to equity upon performance
- Private health insurance + pension employer contribution
- Personal development budget to put towards books, courses, trainings and conferences permanent coaching within the team and with external experts
- Gym subscription and numerous other perks and discounts
- Flexible working
- 25 days of holiday
- Frequent company socials, trips and meals - believe us we have fun!