Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
We are looking for a self-directed Full-Stack Software Engineer to deliver a product that gives them exposure to technology across multiple arenas including data analytics and Internet-of-Things. Someone who can take the initiative and own the software development lifecycle, to deliver our holistic technology platform to support care professionals and families. You will get involved in all parts of the development process with full autonomy and surrounded by the best experts.
How you will contribute:
- Take the initiative and own the software development lifecycle;
- Plan and architect new features;
- Code for both backend and frontend;
- Design and create both unit and integration tests;
- Deploy your code to AWS;
- Analyse the performance of your code in production and re-architect for bottlenecks, using automated monitoring tools where appropriate;
- Execute in Agile development, in focused squads, using Agile methodologies and continuous improvement;
- Document your design choices; produce enough documentation so that someone else can maintain and improve your codebase.
- Maintain your code as necessary with bug fixes and patches;
- Be transparent about your prioritisation and code or technology choices;
- Ensure the platform is secure by design as it contains highly sensitive medical and personal data of vulnerable people;
- Drive improvement across Birdie, collaborating where appropriate to continuously improve the products and services we offer.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- Have a solid understanding of React, React Native and NodeJS;
- Have experience with state management frameworks such as Redux and Redux-saga is useful;
- Have an understanding of relational databases and how that impacts design choices;
- Have experience of selecting the right tool to use when doing automated testing and coverage metrics;
- Have knowledge of common design patterns;
- Have strong analytical and performance optimization skills;
- Have knowledge of the AWS stack and how to ensure cost effective deployments.
- Are a pragmatic problem-solver who is curious, loves learning new things and can mentor others;
- Are passionate about writing well-tested and maintainable code; you follow the best practices for the technologies you work with and understand why;
- Get excited and are interested in latest technologies and keep yourself informed;
- Are someone who gets things done and is willing to step up, roll up your sleeves and take responsibility; Able to work efficiently with little supervision and with a high degree of self-motivation and accountability;
- Are someone who can manage complexity and ambiguity but focus on the right outcome and back up your decision clearly;
- Are someone who is inspired by, and seeks to embody our values.
- Are someone who wants to learn, wants to improve and wants to grow in your chosen career.
- Have experience working on SaaS product covering multiple end applications (mobile & web) - desirable
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills. Able to forge strong bonds with key stakeholders and speak at different levels of technical understanding - desirable
We have put together an exciting and highly attractive package for this role.
- An attractive base salary
- Eligible to equity upon performance
- Private health insurance + pension employer contribution
- Personal development budget to put towards books, courses, trainings and conferences permanent coaching within the team and with external experts
- Gym subscription and numerous other perks and discounts
- Flexible working
- 25 days of holiday
- Frequent company socials, trips and meals - believe us we have fun!